Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Book Review: Rough by Hayden Hunt

Leaving was the hardest thing I ever did. That is, until I had to come back...

As soon as I turned 18, I left my old town behind. I wanted a new life, free from judgemental parents, free from the things I was not ready to accept about myself. Unfortunately, in the process of fleeing everything I hated, I also fled the one thing I cared about... My best friend, Aaron.

But now I have to come back and every piece of me is scared. I haven't gotten Aaron off my mind since I left and I both desperately wanted to see him and wanted to avoid him forever. I wish I could see him, but will he forgive me for what I've done? Is our relationship fixable after all these years?  


He makes me feel both amazing and terrible.

I've never been as close to anyone as I have been with Jesse. I had to admit, I missed that closeness. But with closeness comes vulnerability and he took advantage of that vulnerability to protect himself. This is something I'm not sure I can forgive, I never planned to.

But now he is back in my life and I don't know how to avoid him or if I even want to. I've never been so torn. Is he someone I should allow back into my life? 


This is your typical "second chance at love" story. The main characters are pretty likable, but, unfortunately, this book didn't really leave a lasting impression on me. I enjoyed seeing the slow progression of Jesse and Aaron's reconciliation, but it moved a little too fast for me at the end. If you're looking for a pleasant, quick read to pass the time on a rainy day, this is the book for you!

2.75 stars
I received a copy of this book from the author and voluntarily provided my honest review.

Buy Link
Amazon

~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment