Tuesday, January 6, 2015

I ❤ Yaoi: Houyou Jikken by Ogasawara Uki

Happy New Year, yaoi lovers! Today's review feature is Houyou Jikken by Ogasawara Uki.

Takahashi Miya is sick and needs regular check-ups. At university, he comes across Kanou Rei. Rumor has it that he is part of a dangerous club that distributes drugs and organizes sex orgies. Is this true? And why does Rei seem to know Miya? 

This manga took a while to get into, but once things started rolling I was hooked. Miya's mysterious illness and the even more mysterious man who comes into his life had me on the edge of my seat. I wanted to know more.

The beginning is slow and somewhat confusing, but soon the puzzle pieces start falling into place. I'm not used to this particular drawing style, but I think it fits the sometimes dark and morose subject matter. There are some explicit scenes, so if you're not a regular yaoi reader, be careful.

~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment