Tuesday, December 9, 2014

I ❤ Yaoi: Koi no Iro (The Color of Love) by Ueda Kiyo

Hello yaoi lovers! Today's manga recommendation is Koi no Iro (The Color of Love) by Ueda Kiyo.

Nao is a high-school student with a secret he carefully hides from everybody: He's fallen in love with his close friend, Hira. One day, Hira tells Nao that he looks different lately. Now Nao is terrified that Hira might have noticed his feelings! Or could it be that he's just over-reacting and his friend hasn't noticed anything at all?

After discovering an entire yaoi section in a local used book store, I was in heaven! There was a wealth of yaoi manga for me to choose from, but I settled on just a few (one of which was a pristine copy of Hybrid Child...YES!). One of my purchases was Koi no Iro (The Color of Love).

I really enjoyed this manga. It's filled with one-shot stories that show how romantic relationships develop, grow and flourish. I liked that not all of the stories were all roses and puppies and perfection. The characters had to work, and sometimes suffer a little, for love. Not only did I enjoy the stories, but I also liked the artwork; the ukes are adorable and the semes were handsome.

If you have the opportunity to read this collection of stories, definitely give them a try!

~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment