Thursday, September 11, 2014

Book Review: Blue Notes (Blue Notes #1) by Shira Anthony

4.5 Stars

I really enjoyed this book! Jason, a successful lawyer in Philadelphia, walks in on his fiancee in bed with another man and immediately calls off the engagement. Needing to clear his head, he decides to take sabbatical in Paris for a couple of months. While at a jazz club, he meets an enigmatic and hugely talented violinist, Jules. Even though it was his music that first captured Jason's attention, he is soon enchanted by the young musician.

Blue Notes  is a great romance novel that mixes just the right about of sweet romance, angst/drama and sex. Both Jason and Jules are dealing with their own demons and issues, which are resolved in a very realistic manner. I couldn't help but root for this couple because they were so great together.

The way the music in this story is described is gorgeous, making me not only hear the beautiful pieces in my head, but also feel the intense emotion behind them. In my opinion, it's a character all on its own.

About 3/4 of the way through the book, the pacing slowed a bit, but it soon picked right back up. All of the characters were well-developed, except I wish I could have learned more about Jules' younger brother, Guy. His story intrigued me, but I wasn't given the opportunity to learn much about him.

All in all this was a wonderful love story that I thoroughly enjoyed.


Buy Blue Notes  here and here.

~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment