Monday, May 12, 2014

Book Review: Heart Knot Mine by Lily Velden


Noah Daniels' life lacks color, passion and excitement. He's very successful in his career, has a great relationship with his brother, sister-in-law and nephews, but no matter how hard he tries, he just can't seem to find that special person. When Noah decides to participate in a teacher exchange program, his life is completely changed and the world as he knows it will never be the same.

Already a fan of Lily Velden's, I was anxious to read her latest work, and I was not disappointed! The relationship between Noah and his British counterpart, Robert Callinan, is not only sweet and extremely hot, but also very believable. Noah is the type of guy that you can't help but like; he's sweet, responsible and has a good head on his shoulders. Robert is the quintessential British man that could easily make an American like me swoon at the drop of a hat.

I enjoyed the fact that Noah's sexual self-discovery was gradual and didn't turn into the gay for you (gfy) trope. There's nothing wrong with gfy, but I appreciated that Noah took steps to try to feel out his new desires before even trying to start anything with Robert. Robert, on the other hand, is out, proud and oozes sensuality and confidence. He's no where near perfect, but the journey that he and Noah embark upon definitely brought a smile to my face.

I'm hoping there is a sequel because I would love to read more about Noah's fractured relationship with his family and how he deals with it going forward. All in all, this a great read that I really liked!

Buy Heart Knot Mine here and here.

~ M



No comments:

Post a Comment