Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Book Review: Prisoner 374215 by Angel Martinez

He enters my cell daily at ten pm. He leaves in the morning at six am. He never says a word. Never moves from where he sits right beside the thick steel door. He does not beat me. He doesn't take me to the tiled room at the end of the corridor. He doesn't goad me, smirk when I wince afterwards, cry, or scream. I'm not sure what he does when I drift off, into deep, exhausted, pain-drenched sleep. I think he just watches. A fixture, a security, so they may state that I'm not left unattended. Sometimes I wish...

I was really nervous about reading this story after reading the blurb, but I decided to give it a try anyway. I am so glad I did! I was immediately drawn into the world of Prisoner 374215 and the guard who watches over him, Scar. Even though the Sci-fi genre isn't my cup of tea, I found this story absolutely captivating from start to finish. I would highly recommend this heartbreaking, attention-grabbing and thoroughly fascinating read.



Buy Links
Amazon


The picture that inspired this powerful story.

~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment