Thursday, January 10, 2013

Book Review: Wallflowers by Sean Michael

DJ and Ryan had a passionate relationship in college, but parted on bad terms when Ryan refused to come out of the closet. Seven years later, the men are reunited at the wedding of a frat brother where old feelings resurface. Will Ryan finally come out for the man he loves or will they be doomed to repeat history?

I thought this was a sweet story. Both of the MCs are relatable and likable and I was really drawn in to the story. DJ was a delight and took his blindness in stride when he could have ended up bitter and angry. He obviously missed his sight, but realized that life must go on and he had to live.

My only complaint was the somewhat choppy and disjointed writing style. A few times I had to go back and re-read passages to make sure I understood what was happening. Also, the overuse of "man" and "dude" to address characters grated my nerves after a while.

All in all, this was a very sweet story about rediscovering what matters in life.


Buy Wallflowers here and here.

~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment