Thursday, December 22, 2016

Book Review: Save the Date by Reegan Ellis

Noah loves his job as a firefighter, so he decides to participate in an annual charity auction in which people bid for a date. Although he's firmly in the closet, Noah figures that one evening can't hurt...even if it has to be with a woman.

Cary receives a surprise of a lifetime when his close friend wins a charity auction and gives him the date with a hot fireman. At first he's worried because macho guys like that don't typically feel comfortable around more flamboyant men like him. However, Cary is completely surprised by how sweet, gracious and kind Noah turns out to be. Will good conversation, awesome chemistry and an incredible man convince Noah to come out of the closet?

I thought this was a pretty cute story! All of the characters, with the exception of one, are very likable and I liked the progression of the Noah and Cary's relationship. Some might call his insta-love, and it is, but sometimes you're in the mood for that type of read. The storyline did follow some pretty common tropes, so I predicted quite a few things that eventually happened down the road. However, I liked the characters so much that I overlooked that. There are editing issues early on in the book. In one chapter, Noah is called Liam for absolutely no reason, and I noticed typos that should have been caught by an editor.

I do wish that readers could have learned a little more about Noah's background and his family. We only heard about them in passing, and a full chapter about them may have fleshed out his character a little more.

3.5 stars

I received a copy of this book from the author and voluntarily provided my honest review.

Buy Link
Amazon

~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment