Tuesday, June 9, 2015

I ❤ Yaoi: Hisho to Shachou no Himitsugoto by Narusaka Rin

Hello fellow yaoi lovers! Today's selection is Hisho to Shachou no Himitsugoto by Narusaka Rin.

Takemiya is working as a secretary for the young president, Iwase. Iwase is an amazing guy who has a huge gap. Compared to his gorgeous looks and capabilities, he’s an airhead and his honest side is totally cute! The younger secretary, Takemiya, is madly in love with Iwase and always gets led around by him, but Takemiya suddenly returns the favor by clumsily saying, “President, I want to hold you!"

I was very pleasantly surprised by this manga. It's sweet and funny with a little mystery mixed in. Iwase is absolutely adorable and I found myself really rooting for his happiness. The fact that Takemiya truly wanted to do a good job as secretary for Iwase, not only because he wants to be viewed as a competent assistant for a very powerful man, but because he really cares about Iwase. The handwriting arc made my heart flutter! I would highly suggest this manga. It leans more towards the shonen ai side right now, so those who are not familiar with yaoi or just starting out will not be shocked by anything overly explicit. There is one scene, but nothing that will make newbies feel uncomfortable.

 ~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment