Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Book Review: Whitewater by Meredith Shayne

Baker Luke Henderson is enamored by a gorgeous surfer he watches each morning during his breaks. He only watches from afar because he's sure someone like that would never give him the time of day.

Cameron Brown notices an intriguing and cute guy watching him while he surfs, and would like to approach him, but hasn't gotten up the nerve to actually talk to him. This mysterious guy isn't his usual type, but there's something about him that piques his interest.

I truly loved every aspect of this book. The slow build of Luke and Cam's relationship brought a huge smile to my face and warmed my heart. I appreciated that Luke's disability was presented in a very realistic way, showing both the pain and frustration associated with it. There was just enough angst without being overwhelming, and the romance was delightful.

Another aspect of this book that I enjoyed was the food. As a foodie, I enjoyed reading about Luke's confections and Cam's culinary masterpieces, and longed to taste the delicious creations.

Whitewater is definitely a book that I will read again in the future. Highly recommended.



Buy Links

Dreamspinner Press | Amazon

~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment