Thursday, November 22, 2012

Book Review: Men of Smithfield: Seth and David by L.B. Gregg

2.5 stars

Seth's life has recently been turned upside down when his sister passes away and he gains custody of his young niece. Things become even more complicated when he finds himself attracted to masseur/waiter, David. Their romance is threatened by Seth's constant judgmental attitude and people from the past reappearing to stir things up.

I had a hard time feeling the connection between Seth and David. First of all, Seth was a very unlikable character, and I don't think I even liked him by the end. David was very nice and seemed like an all around good guy, flaws and all, but I just couldn't see what in the world he liked about Seth. The kids were sweet and their interactions with both David and Seth were cute.

Unfortunately, I could not fully get into this book because the romance seemed a little forced, and I didn't believe that these men cared anything for each other beyond the physical.

This ARC was provided to me by the publisher via Netgalley.


~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment